Selling your junk car is a significant decision that involves a lot of effort. That is if you go about it the usual way. If you go for junk car removals, paperwork will be the least of your worries. However, if you sell the vehicle the traditional way, you’ll have to go through the process of transferring its ownership to the buyer.
Why Transfer Ownership?
If you’ve disposed of or sold a junk car that’s still registered in NSW, you’ll have to notify Transport for NSW about it as soon as you can. Otherwise, you might be responsible if the new owner gets a driving offence. Follow this process:
- Submit your notice of disposal at a service centre or online within 14 days. This should give enough time for the new owner to transfer the car online and avoid late fees.
- Some circumstances may require you to submit a paper form, so verify the eligibility requirements.
Circumstances Where You Can’t Submit The Notice Online
Sometimes, You Won’t Be Able To Submit A Notice Of Disposal. So, You Have To Submit The Paper Form As Long As Any Of These Conditions Apply:
- You do not have an NSW photo card or driver’s licence
- You’re disposing of the junk car on behalf of an organisation or company
- The new operator or owner lacks an NSW driver’s licence.
- You’re selling your junk car to an interstate motor dealer that doesn’t have an NSW motor dealer licence number.
Things You’ll Need
Whether you go for junk car removals or you sold the vehicle to a private buyer, make sure to submit a NOD and provide all the details the new owner requires to transfer the vehicle to their name.
Avoid All The Hassle
If that’s too much, remember that there are companies that offer junk car removals with free paperwork. That means they’ll take care of all the necessary paperwork for you. With their help, you can get rid of a junk car without any worries. Their in-house friendly team will walk you through the process and explain all the required paperwork for selling a junk car. Then, they will complete the required paperwork regardless of whether your registration is active or not.
Sell Your Junk Car Now
Once you decide to sell your junk car to a car removal company, call for a quote. Amazon Cash for Cars promises the top cash offers for junk car removals in Sydney when you call 0422 784 920. Besides providing free paperwork, we’ll tow your car at no extra cost and pay you on the spot on your preferred day of pick-up. We pay up to $9,000 for junk cars, depending on their condition. Rest assured that you’ll get top dollar from us. If you find a higher offer elsewhere, we’ll beat it by five percent.